|Reports To:||Office Manager|
|Compensation:||Hourly with potential for monthly incentives|
The Optician at Rosin Eyecare is responsible for providing superior customer service and assisting patients in their pursuit of eyewear. They need to maintain merchandising standards and have high level knowledge of product and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding and communicating optics
- Calling patients to confirm upcoming appointments
- Calling patients to notify product is ready for pick up
- Ordering Contacts
- Training patients how to insert and remove contacts
- Make appropriate recommendations for patient’s eyewear needs, Rx limitations and patient’s style preference
- Complete frame and spectacle lens orders
- Delivery/dispensing of eyewear
- Adjusting and troubleshooting of eyewear
- Receive and inspect patient’s orders from lab to verify accuracy
- Booking appointment
- Supporting the office’s growth through recalling patients as needed
- Maintain a clean working area
- Use of a Lensometer
- Intermediate understanding of billing third party online
- Intermediate understanding of calculating patients benefits
- Basic understanding of Lasik consults and procedure
- Accurately track your patient activity to report spiffs and incentive monthly per company policy
- Maintain inventory integrity by following all procedures for frame returns, exchanges and sales
- Performs any other duty or assignment delegated by proper authority
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year of customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to comprehend, retain, and follow oral and written instructions. Must exercise good judgment and work independently. Must effectively set priorities. Good organizational skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, personnel, and the general public.
- Above average ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic skills in Word, Excel, Point of Sale (POS) systems, and Email