Glaucoma Treatment & Management
Across Chicago, IL
Glaucoma, often referred to as “silent thief of sight,” can irreversibly affect your vision before you even know you have it. At Rosin Eyecare, our comprehensive care team can help you stay ahead of the condition and protect your vision through regular eye exams.
What Is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a chronic and complex eye disease that damages your eye’s optic nerve and is often associated with increased pressure inside the eye. Regular eye exams are essential to detect glaucoma due to the gradual changes to peripheral vision that often go unnoticed. Furthermore, early diagnosis is critical for effective treatment and preventing vision loss.
Our comprehensive care team, consisting of some of the most skilled technicians, optometrists, and ophthalmologists in Chicago, is trained to identify glaucoma in its earliest stages and determine the specific type of glaucoma you have. This allows us to take proactive measures to protect your vision through appropriate, personalized treatment and care.
Causes & Risk Factors
- Being aged 60 or older
- Having a family history of glaucoma
- High intraocular pressure (IOP)
- Different eye characteristics, such as thin corneas
- Previous injury or surgery on your eye
- Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension
- Halos around light
- Patchy or blurred vision
- Increased pressure in your eye
- Gradual loss of your peripheral vision